- Download the Android SDK bundle from:
I have downloaded the 32-bit Windows version, however it shouldn't differ very much between other OS'es or 64bit editions.
- Extract the files to some folder, ex:
So that you would have eclipse and SDK folder under android
- Go to eclipse sub-folder and run eclipse.exe
If eclipse runs, go to step 4, else:
- You probably got an error like:
- You need to download latest JDK from Oracle:
If you previously downloaded 32bit version of the SDK, you should also download the x86 version of JDK, vice versa for x64.
- After installation add java binaries folder to your path, typically they are located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin
- Try running eclipse.exe again, this time the IDE should load.
- Fire up SDK Manager which is located next to eclipse and SDK folders.
And install the updates and API's you would like to use.
- We're done, enjoy!